Concrete floors can get pretty worn-out after years of use. There are even instances when a sudden impact or weight can cause immediate damage. In the past, the first thing that probably comes to mind is how expensive it would be to replace the slab. It would eat up a lot of time having to remove the old slab and restructuring a new steel foundation for the new one. It would also require more people to complete the job in the shortest time possible without affecting quality.
Not everyone is willing to experience the complexity of a slab replacement. Time, money, and energy are not something that should be taken for granted. As a cost-effective alternative, you can forget about the traditional solution and instead opt for decorative concrete coatings and overlays. Decorative concrete or treated concrete is a trending solution because it is a highly appealing, durable, and affordable alternative to slab removal and replacement.
With the right decorative concrete contractor like Kansas City Concrete Artisans, you are assured that your concrete surfaces are well taken care of for you.
Decorative Concrete Resurfacing, Refinishing, and Repair
For most people, concrete is as durable as time itself. When damage is evident, there is no need to replace the whole slab. Concrete repair and concrete refinishing solutions have leveled up. There are more innovative methods nowadays that are way more sophisticated than just the patching and the filling that were popular remedies before. For surface damage that can be repaired, here are the top decorative concrete resurfacing solutions to choose from:
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – Great for outdoor use, this concrete overlay can be made to look like just about any material out there. Stamp mats are laid out on the newly installed concrete overlay until the pattern is imprinted. Popular concrete stamp patterns and textures include ashlar, flagstone, fractured slate, brick, and cobblestone. This is great for concrete patio, driveways, and pool decks.
- Stained Concrete – Staining concrete is one of the most popular methods of coloring slabs and treating concrete. It comes in two types: acid and water-based. Acid stains are reactive types, creating unique color tones and effects when chemical reactions occur between its metallic salts and the slab’s lime and mineral content. Water-based stains are non-reactive so they create more consistent colors and come in more colors, perfect for custom designed polished concrete.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – This acrylic concrete coating is installed via a spray-down method. The splattered material is then knocked down with a trowel, creating a texture that is both stunning and slip-resistant. This is popular for pool decks and concrete patios because it stays cool to the touch even in the warmest of days.
- Epoxy Flooring – This two-part material, consisting of epoxy resin and polyamine hardener, cures to a very hard material, perfect for use on garage floor, basements, commercial flooring, and industrial spaces.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic Coating – Similar to epoxy, this is a damage-resistant coating that is popularly used for industrial establishments. This fast-drying coating is highly preferred by industrial and commercial property owners, and recently homeowners, because it can be installed and harden in less than a day.
Looking for any decorative concrete project in the Kansas City area? Work with a trusted and reliable concrete contractor, and upgrade your old, dull and boring concrete floors into beautiful, interesting, new ones. Call us at (816) 307-0325 to hear from one of our stamped concrete professionals today!
Finding a decorative concrete contractor in Kansas City, KS that is honest, reliable, and easy to communicate with is more than essential to ensure a smooth and stress-free project. Kansas City Concrete Artisans is known for our craftsmanship and customer service. We take pride in our work. Highly trained staff, installers, designers, and customer service staff – we have it all.
Call or email us today. A free consultation is an opportunity for you to meet with one of our friendly and experienced design consultants in the comfort of your own home. We are based in the Kansas City area.