It is possible to acquire shiny concrete floors with waxing. Some businesses even invest in a floor buffer just to acquire the shine that makes their commercial space more appealing and presentable. But not everyone is willing to get down on their knees, apply the wax, and buff the surface until it looks shiny enough. Not everyone has the time or money to maintain such concrete surfaces. Fortunately, there is a highly recommended alternative.
Concrete polishing is an easier and less tedious way of acquiring the same shiny, low maintenance surfaces without waxing and buffing. Polished surfaces are sanded several times with different abrasive pads until the right sheen and smoothness are achieved. The slab can be polished as it is in all its utilitarian glory or stained to a richer color through concrete staining. Whichever color path you choose, you would never regret choosing polished concrete.
Benefits of Concrete Polishing
More and more property owners are choosing to polish their concrete floors. There are many reasons why and each one is valid enough on its own.
- Aesthetics – There is no doubt that a polished surface is pleasing to the eye. The shine makes it look brand new and clean, in spite of the concrete’s plain gray color. Even commercial spaces like supermarkets and showrooms are loving the luxurious and at the same time utilitarian look of a polished floor.
- Affordability – Since it makes of an existing slab, nothing else, it is a more affordable option with regards to material cost. There are factors, however, that may influence the total cost. One is space. Unlike other decorative concrete jobs, the smaller the space, the more expensive the polishing process would be. This is because it would require smaller equipment and it would be harder to maneuver and clean up in a limited space.
- Durability – Everyone knows that concrete has and will always be one of the most reliable materials in the construction and remodeling industry. Topped off with the appropriate type of sealer, a polished slab is quite resistant to damage.
- Versatility – A polished floor does not necessarily have to be plain gray. It can be a stained flooring as well to complement the current color theme of the space. You may also add custom designs through scoring or engraving.
- Light Reflectivity – The shine on polished surface can help reduce the need for more lighting fixtures in a specific area. The reflection of the light on the floor helps brighten up a room, reducing the consumption of energy. Concrete polishing comes in many gloss levels that customers can choose from.
Breathe new life to old spaces. Call (816) 307-0325 to learn more about polished concrete.
Kansas City Concrete Artisans has the right equipment and skilled professionals to complete a concrete polishing project, be it a residential or commercial type, indoors or out. Our team has a track record for creating breathtaking polished concrete spaces. Aside from polishing, we also do stamped overlays, staining, spray texture, and more.
Finding a concrete flooring contractor Kansas City, KS that is dependable is essential for the success of the project. Call or email us and let’s have a free consultation to help you determine if we are the right pros for you.