The garage is a multi-purpose room. Aside from being a place to park the car, it is also used as a workshop, a storage space, a recreational space, and much more. Evidently, it is exposed to a significant amount of wear and tear.
A concrete garage floor can only take so much. Chemicals spilling on the surface could cause stains and sometimes abrasion. Woodwork and car repair tools dropping on the floor can cause dents upon impact. Regular treading of feet and vehicles could cause ugly marks on the surface.
It is good to know that there are coatings available to make concrete garage flooring Kansas city a lot more resistant to damage. A functional garage floor is inevitable with decorative concrete. It is a relief to know that better aesthetics is also possible with the right resurfacing system. One thing is for sure: with the right contractor, a resurfaced garage floor is more than a sound investment.
Reliable Garage Floor Coatings
In the remodeling industry, decorative concrete resurfacing is a popular trend. It effectively restores existing slabs and gives it an opportunity to look and function better. It provides property owners an affordable choice without compromising their need for durability, aesthetics, function, and more. For garage flooring Kansas City, here are the top coatings that exude high damage-resistance unlike any other:
- Epoxy Flooring – Epoxy, a mixture of epoxy resin and polyamine hardener, is a very tough material great for use on garage floors. Epoxy floor coatings Kansas City are resistant to scratches, abrasion, impact, weight, heat and cold, oil and grease stains, chemical spills, and more. An epoxy floor is a seamless surface that is non-porous, keeping any moisture or dirt at bay. It can be made more decorative with the addition of paint chips.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic Coating– This coating was created for use on industrial floors. This epoxy alternative is meant to withstand tremendous use and abuse common in warehouses, factories, military facilities, airplane hangars, and more. The notable feature of this coating is that it dries pretty fast. This fast-drying feature made residential and commercial property owners interested which is why it is now available for non-industrial use. Unlike epoxy flooring Kansas City, it can be used both in indoor and outdoor spaces, thanks to its resistance to UV rays.
Garage flooring Kansas City : Benefits
Garage flooring Kansas City offers you helpful benefits that make it worth the expense both in the now in the long run.
- Convers Imperfections. Hide any imperfections like spider-cracks and flaking with this high-quality-concrete floor coating.
- Anti-dusting. The dust most commonly accumulates in garages because of the vehicles that comes and goes. Luckily, epoxy helps ease the need to clean all the time. Plus, the typical soap and water is all you need to make it squeaky clean.
- Moisture Resistant. Most beneficial for those rainy and snowy days, this flooring type wont give you any problems!
- Light reflective. Brighten up your room easily with these floors that reflect light and gives a refreshing feel to a once dreary area.
- Highly durable. Best of all, these floors are known to be highly durable and it is a great investment since it requires less repairs and little to no maintenance.
Add Your Heading Text Here
The best flooring option for garages is polyurea polyaspartic. This tough coating expands like fluid while keeping its durability. Thus, it’s less likely to crack and get damaged by fluctuating temperatures and hot tires. It can also carry heavy weight like SUVs and bulk items. That is why it’s also popular in industrial areas.
Garage floor coatings depend on the material. Epoxy coatings cost $10 to $15 dollars while Polyurea costs $142 per gallon. That’s enough to cover 200-300 square feet. Do note that these two coatings must be done in layers. One coating may not be enough to really give the best results.
The cheapest garage flooring is tiles. This will cost you $2 to $5. However, you may want to consider high-tier options like epoxy, polyurea, and even stamped concrete. Tile wont last very long, especially if you leave your heavy cars in the driveway.
Polyurea beats epoxy in drying time, durability, and flexibility. Unlike epoxy, it has a quick drying time. It’s also flexible enough to withstand high temperatures. Plus, it can last longer under high pressure as compared to epoxy coatings. Although, both are still great for garage use.
Revamp your garage concrete floors at a minimal cost. Call (816) 307-0325 now!
If you are interested in a garage floor that stays durable, cleans easily, and looks oh so stunning, Kansas City Concrete Artisans can help you with that. We have been resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete surfaces for over 20 years. Epoxy concrete floor and polyurea polyaspartic coatings can be used on garage floors, basements, commercial flooring, and industrial spaces. Our highly trained resurfacing team are experienced in handling these floor coatings with ease, installing them on concrete surfaces with impeccable skill.
We want you to be informed well enough to make sound decisions. Call or email us today and let’s schedule an in-home consultation where we could evaluate your concrete space and provide you with a free quote in the Kansas City area.