Spray Knockdown Texture Kansas City, KS: Cool & Slip-Resistant Floor Solution Beyond Compare
Concrete is often used for outdoor areas. However, it is not really an appealing material. It is quite porous and it can be unsafe to walk on when wet or frozen. It is durable but not resistant to damage caused by weather changes, heavy foot traffic, and all other damaging elements. There is the option to top it off with paving materials but it is not a practical choice. Not only do these cost more initially, it also requires more installation time and maintenance efforts.
Fortunately, there are available options that can make it look and function better. If you are after textured, slip-resistant surfaces, then a Spray Knockdown Texture is a highly recommended option. Its spray-down system creates a textured surface similar to stucco but with a less intense texture, making it comfortable to walk on. It is popular for use on concrete pool decks, patios, and other outdoor surfaces.
Benefits of a Spray Knockdown Finish
There is nothing to regret when you choose a spray-down concrete resurfacing as a way to restore your outdoor concrete surfaces. Aside from its slip-resistant trowel finish, there are other benefits you will surely reap with a knockdown finish:
- The texture is important it determines how much grip or traction a concrete surface can provide. A knockdown texture makes a resurfaced patios, pool decks, driveways and other concrete space safer to walk or drive on.
- This is also known as a cool deck coating, perfect for bare feet on pool decks. The subtle grooves of the coating help create air pockets to form, allowing cool air to circulate around bare feet.
- A knockdown finish is an affordable option. It makes use of the existing concrete slab, restoring it back to a functional state, and covering up several surface damage and blemishes in the process.
- If you are worried about design, there is no need to be with a spray texture. It comes in a variety of colors. If you want a more customized color or probably a combination of multiple hues, it would be a relief to know that this acrylic concrete coating is highly stainable.
- Other custom add-ons that can be done on a knockdown finish are custom scoring, engraving, and the addition of expansion joints.
Influential Factors in the Cost of Pool Deck Texture Coatings
A spray knockdown texture is an affordable pool deck resurfacing option compared to other paving materials and replacing the entire slab unnecessarily. The total cost will vary based on several influential factors. The size of the job is the first thing that will affect the cost. Other factors include:
- Surface preparation
- Custom add-ons
Acquire safe, slip-resistant, and stunning concrete surfaces with a Spray Knockdown Texture. Call (816) 307-0325 now!
Kansas City Concrete Artisans is a decorative concrete company that specializes in resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete pool decks, patios, driveways, walkways, entryways, and more. We have over 20+ years of professional experience and we take pride in the work we do. We pay great attention to detail, making sure that every spot is better than it ever was.
Looking for a reliable concrete driveway contractor? Call or email us for more information on what a spray texture is. We’ll schedule a free consultation and provide you with a free quote, too!