If you want a seamless floor that looks and functions really well, then an epoxy flooring is the most appropriate solution. It is popular for use on garage floors, commercial garages, showrooms, industrial spaces, and more. The coating, which is made from a blend of equal parts of epoxy resin and a polyamine hardener. Once cured, the result is a seamless, stunning, ultra-durable surface that lasts for several years.
The process starts with surface preparation, cleaning dirt and grease off of the floor with water and soap or degreaser. It is highly recommended to consult with an experienced contractor as to whether your concrete floor requires an etching. This will open up the pores of the slab, making the epoxy coating adhere better. The epoxy coating is mixed and poured onto the slab, spread evenly with a roller brush. Properly installed and cured, the surface should dry to a surface that is tough as nails.
Why Epoxy Floor Coating is Highly Recommended
From the more expensive types of flooring materials, property owners are shifting their interests to garage floor epoxy. But what are the benefits, really? Here are the most noteworthy features and a brief description of each:
- Epoxy cures to a high-gloss finish and reflects light more effectively than other coatings. Because it reflects light, it somehow intensifies the brightness a lighting source can provide in a room, helping save energy.
- It is a coating so durable that it can endure weight and foot traffic quite effectively. As long as it is properly mixed and installed, an epoxy floor can last for many years.
- The process of installing epoxy is fast and easy but would still require professionals because the blend between the two materials need to be exact and it needs to be applied and spread immediately before it starts to harden.
- Epoxy does not have pores so it would not absorb dirt, moisture, or anything that may spill on the floor. This means it won’t collect deep-seated dirt.
- An epoxy floor does not corrode or discolor when exposed to chemicals, oil, and grease, which are common on garage flooring.
- It is a slip-resistant floor on its own but if you want more grip or traction, a clear sealer with additional abrasives can make it more slip-resistant.
- It can be customized with colors, metallic additions, expansion joints, and more.
What Factors Should Be Considered in Epoxy Flooring Costs
Cost is one of the most influential factors in choosing a decorative floor solution. Although epoxy coating is an economical one, there are several factors that could affect the actual costs when you hire a pro to install it. Here are some of them:
- Solid epoxy coatings, which contain more epoxy, costs more than a water-based type. It is also more difficult to work with due to its thick consistency.
- The larger the job, the more expensive it will be. This is true for most concrete floor resurfacing projects.
- Additional services, like repairs during surface preparation, customizations, and the like may incur additional charges.
Why settle for less when you can enjoy more for less? Call (816) 307-0325 for a free epoxy flooring quote!
Dream floors can become reality with epoxy floor coating. We at Kansas City Concrete Artisans are equipped with the right equipment, tools, and people to make every project a success, right from concept to completion. We know how stressful projects can be so we make it a point to make it a fun and fulfilling one for you.
Call or email us today to schedule a free consultation. Let’s make your dreams become reality!