CONCRETE POOL DECKS
The pool deck can make or break the entire pool area. It has to be stunning enough to frame the magnificent pool. It has to be functional enough to make the pool area a safe place to walk on and a cool area for lounging, sunbathing, and hanging out. Is your concrete pool deck looking old and boring? Breathe new life into it with decorative concrete coatings. These are affordable solutions that provide all the features you need to make the pool deck a heavenly place.
There are many materials available for use on pool decks but concrete is the most common and most practical choice. However, once it wears out and acquires damage, it can be quite an eyesore and a safety hazard. Resurfacing it with a durable coating or overlay can help make the deck a stunning, safe, and functional surface.
Pool Deck Resurfacing, Refinishing, & Repair
A concrete pool deck can be transformed into a highly decorative space inexpensively. Pool deck repairs can be done on existing damage. Cracks can be filled and a spalling or scaling surface can be sanded off and replaced with a new material. This is what we call resurfacing. It replaces the weak surface with a newer, more durable material. Refinishing is more about resolving superficial issues. Stubborn stains and discolored concrete are common on pool decks. This can easily be hidden with concrete stains. These penetrate deep into the slab, creating colored concrete that looks vibrant and lasts long. Both resurfaced and refinished pool decks need a layer of pool deck sealer to lock in the new upgrades, protect the slab itself, and enhance the overall aesthetics.
Benefits of Pool Deck Resurfacing and Refinishing
Remodeling a concrete pool deck can be quite stressful. But with decorative concrete, the process is not at all complicated. It will, however, require the skill and expertise of an experienced contractor to ensure captivating results that are durable and long-lasting.
- Resurfacing and refinishing requires fewer materials, manpower, and time, thus, costs more inexpensively.
- A stamped overlay or spray texture on a deck enhances slip-resistance surface, making the surface safer to walk on even with the presence of water splashes from the pool.
- Despite the thin layer of overlay or coating involved, durability and strength are not compromised.
- Resurfaced and refinished pool decks with a layer of pool deck sealer are easy to clean and requires zero to minimal maintenance.
Must-Try Pool Decking Options
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – An overlay is installed on an existing pool deck and then stamped with a pattern or design that matches or complements the theme of the pool area. This can be done to make an entire stamped concrete pool deck or in selected areas like the pool coping or border.
- Spray Knockdown Finish – This spray-down system is a highly popular coating for pool decking. It provides a slip-resistant texture that remains cool to the touch even if it sits under the sun for long hours. It reflects heat back effectively and the texture helps creates air pockets that helps air circulate.
- Stained Concrete – There are two types of concrete stains: acid and water-based. The acid type is ideal for designs that involve the look of natural stone. Water-based stains are ideal for custom patterns and color patterns.
Want a breathtaking pool surround that requires a minimal investment? Call (816) 307-0325 for more info.
Ready to acquire the pool deck of your dreams? Kansas City Concrete Artisans is the name to trust. We are a decorative concrete company with a highly trained team of installers that are skilled and experienced in resurfacing concrete pool decks, patios, driveways, and other outdoor spaces. We offer a variety of options, each one with its own appealing look and benefits. We have been resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete pool decks for over 20 years now. The leader in both residential and commercial locations in the Kansas City, KS area.
Call or email us today for more information. We want you to stay informed so you can make sound decisions. We’ll provide you with a consultation and quote, free of charge.