Visualize this: a floor that is durable, appealing, and shining bright like diamonds. Outrageous, don’t you think? Some people might think it is impossible to achieve something like that, but we are here to prove them wrong. Metallic epoxy floor coatings are the solution to make such a crazy vision into a reality.
And in today’s piece, we will delve into the world of these unique and dazzling flooring systems and find out what makes them stand out among other flooring alternatives.
Basics Come First: Explaining What Metallic Floor Coatings Are
Metallic epoxy floors are a level-up when it comes to epoxy floors. And metallic epoxy is a mixture that includes metallic minerals. They come in a powdered form that moves around the coating as the curing process happens.
The movement the additive performs makes no two floors the same, even if they both have the same hue or tint. Most of the epoxy floor coatings available in the market involve layers of floor coatings and use resin and sealers to make a surface durable and efficient.
Metallic Flooring Ideas You Can Give A Try
Fall for the limitless designs that metallic floors offer, no matter where you install them. Here are some ideas you can give a go should you wish to transform your surface into something extraordinary.
1. Metal-like Mahogany
Mahogany floors will make living spaces and entertainment areas look more lively and inviting. They mimic the deep dark russet tone of the wood and thus, create an atmospheric and moody feel for those present in such a place.
2. Royal Blue
Royal blue floors are ideal for master bedrooms and outdoor pool decks. They create an illusion that turns a space into a calm and vibrant area. Add a solvent solution to wash the metallic pigments over the base color of the epoxy. This is a great idea for those planning to revamp their basements into a living area.
3. Wine Red
You can install wine reds in certain commercial areas such as galleries and halls. But they can also work well for residential interiors.
4. Shimmering Slate
Slate is an all-around favorite among home and commercial owners. Its natural appearance makes no limit to where you can install them. It produces a design that adapts anywhere and ideal for kitchens, patios, and garages.
The Advantages Of Choosing Metallic Epoxy Floors
These prestigious coatings can outperform other options such as staining, overlays, and even paint. Here are some of the benefits for you when having them in your commercial or residential settings.
- They are easy to clean and maintain. There is no need to use high-power or heavy-duty equipment.
- Metallic floors are highly resistant to cracks, peels, uneven surfaces, scratches, and heavy impact.
- Not only are they efficient and durable – they are also budget-friendly.
- Having them on your surfaces does not affect the environment at all. Metallic epoxy floors are VOC-free.
How to Apply Metallic Epoxy Floors
Here is the procedure on how to install your average metallic epoxy floor. Do take note that some companies might have a different way of doing things and that this is merely a guide on how it goes.
- The first step is to prepare the area where the mixture will go. You have to make sure the place is solid, neat, and free from any debris or dirt.
- The next part is to apply the base epoxy mixture. We recommend you use a black color or something similar.
- Next is to screen the surface once the base coat finishes with the curing process. You also have to vacuum any leftover debris.
- Then comes the best part, which is to apply the metallic coating. But don’t get too excited, as you have to make careful preparation for the mixture. But once you get past it, the rest is up to you! You can spread the coat however you like.
- It’s not over yet. The last part of the undertaking is to apply a top coat or sealer. Doing this will protect the layers of coating underneath and guarantee the shine and sparkle you have always wanted.
Here Come The Big Guns
While working on your floors without professional assistance is a rewarding experience, hiring the pros to do it will leave no margin of error. They can deliver professional and high-quality results that will make your money worth the expense.
So, if you don’t want to risk having an uneven and unsatisfactory floor, it would be best to research and find a local contracting company to work on your behalf. homeowners looking for epoxy flooring Kansas City can trust our team to handle the job.